The agX Platform provides a geospatial infrastructure for a community of integrated ag products and services to seamlessly share data with applications authorized by its users. Adapt-N is an agX compliant application, enabling users to pull source data from products like Proagrica's Summit and Sirrus tools, and push Adapt-N recommendations back into those or other systems for application in the field. If you have an agX account but do not yet have an Adapt-N account, please register here.
Linking your Adapt-N account to your agX account
Follow these steps:
- Login to Adapt-N at www.adapt-n.com, by clicking the Login link in the upper right.
- Click on Settings in the navigation bar, and select agX Settings. You may also access this section by clicking “Import agX Grower” when choosing a Grower Account within Adapt-N.
- Click the “Initiate agX Connection” button. You will then be prompted to authenticate using your agX credentials, and to authorize Adapt-N to access your field boundaries and collected data. Complete the steps as prompted.
Your Adapt-N account has now been granted access to data through the agX Platform. The above steps are generally a one-time process for new Adapt-N account. In the event that your authentication with agX expires, you may be prompted to re-authenticate. Note that the linkage between an Adapt-N and agX account occurs at the user level, not at the grower, farm, or account level.
Generating Adapt-N recommendations using agX source data
Using agX data as a source for Adapt-N recommendation involves 3 broad steps:
- Importing the agX Grower into Adapt-N (this makes the Grower’s fields available to Adapt-N for selection in the next step).
- Importing individual Fields from that Grower into Adapt-N (this creates the Grower/Farm/Field relationship in Adapt-N and pulls in the field’s boundary geometries).
- Configuring the fields and producing the Adapt-N nitrogen recommendation (this sets the necessary information for Adapt-N to run a recommendation, including tillage method, planting information, soil test results, etc.). See this article for specific information on using agX as a data source for various input layers.
Detailed instructions on these steps
Importing the agX Grower into Adapt-N
To import a Grower from agX into Adapt-N, find the Grower in the list at the bottom of the page, select "Create as new grower," and press "Import". This will cause the Grower's fields to become available on the "Fields" tab of the agX Sync page.
Importing a Grower’s Fields into Adapt-N
On the Fields tab of the agX Sync page, select the field you'd like to import by checking the box next to the field name. Click the Import Selected Field button at the bottom of the page.
The field's boundaries will then be displayed, along with the Farm and Field name as found in agX. Select an appropriate Zone Configuration Method and Automatic Zone Creation option and submit the field.
The agX Data Sync page can be accessed from multiple parts of the Adapt-N interface:
- By clicking on the “Import agX Grower” option when selecting a Grower Account
- By clicking the “agX Settings” link within the Settings menu
- By clicking “Sync with a source” during the field creation process
All three of these take you to the same place.
The agX Sync page in Adapt-N is comprised of four tabs:
- Growers: this tab shows a list of all Growers in Adapt-N system (top, indicating which are linked to an agX Grower) and all Growers in agX that do not yet exist Adapt-N (bottom). To import a Grower into Adapt-N, use the “Create as new grower” menu item, then click the "Import" button to the right.
- Fields: this tab shows a list of the fields in agX for the imported Growers. A field with an available checkbox has not yet been imported into Adapt-N. A field with a disabled checkbox has already been imported into Adapt-N; click the link to view it in Adapt-N.
- Bulk Import: this tab lets multiple fields be imported simultaneously under similar field characteristics.
- Custom Fertilizers: this displays all Custom Fertilizers that exist in the user’s agX account. Check the boxes next to whichever fertilizers you would like available for us in exporting completed Adapt-N recommendations back to agX.
- Account: in the event that you receive an authentication error while using the agX integration, you may return to this page to re-establish your agX connection, or to view the agX account to which the Adapt-N account is linked.
See this article for details on how to import different layers of data from agX.