Live Field Activations
When activating a field for live recommendations, there may be some cases when the user doesn't want a nitrogen recommendation for the entirety of the field. For example, if only part of the field is planted in corn for the current season. When performing the Live Activation, you can select which part(s) of the field you want to activate. Accordingly, the recommendation will only include those parts of the field, and the account will only be billed for the acreage of the activated parts of the field.
To partially activate a field, use the map control to click on or draw over parts of the field desired for activation. Notes:
- Point-based fields cannot be partially activated.
- Zone-based fields can be activated on a zone-by-zone basis. Note that multi-polygon zones still need to be activated together (you cannot activate just one polygon within a multi-polygon zone).
- Grid-based fields can be activated down to the individual grid cell level.
- The first time a field is Live Activated, the minimum billable field size will be enforced, if applicable.
Example of a partial field activation for a grid-based field (bright green section currently selected for activation):
If the user wanted to subsequently activate the rest of the field, click Activate again. In this example, the rest of the field is selected (shown in bright green) for activation:
The Fields & Zones page clearly indicates fields currently in Training Mode. Such fields can subsequently be Activated into billable mode to run in-season recommendations:
The actual recommendation for a field in Training Mode is available using prior-season weather data only. Training Mode recommendations are not suitable for in-season purposes, as they do not use weather data from the current season. In addition, users are not allowed to export data from Adapt-N fields in training mode.
Click the Activate Field link at any time to move the field into billable mode.
Summary Explanation of Field Status
When a field is created, it is in a non-billable state ready for configuration. In order to run a recommendation, the field must be configured and activated. There are two types of activations:
- Training Mode: allows for recommendations using a prior season's weather data. Training Mode field activations are not suitable for use in the field and are only for example and training purposes. As such, alerts and exports are disabled. There is no charge for Training Mode activations.
- Live Activation: enables the recommendation to be run using the current season's weather data. This is for producing a "real" recommendation to be used this season. Live Activations can still choose to run an analysis using a prior year's weather data.
A field can first be activated into Training Mode, and subsequently activated again for live recommendations.
Billing Admins can control what types of activations each user can perform, by visiting Setup -> User and Grower List -> Updated Agronomist User.
Users who have access to both Billable and Training mode fields will be presented with an option as to which field mode they'd like, after clicking the Activate Field link:
- A user's Field Activation Rights permission only controls what type of a field activations they may perform. It does not restrict their ability to modify field configuration data or run recommendations for a field that may have been Activated into billable mode by another user.
To delete a field, select the "land" option on the navigation bar and choose the appropriate grower and farm. From the Field menu, select the "Delete Field" option:
Then confirm the deletion:
Notes about deleting fields:
- A field may only be deleted if it has not yet been Activated. If you need to delete a field that is already Active, contact support.
- Only users with permission to Activate a field have permission to delete a field.
- At the start of each new season, all fields return to Inactive status.